The A+ program at LSHS will ensure that students are prepared for success beyond high school.
The A+ program works to provide students with continuous and progressive career information throughout their high school career. Students will be able to make informed choices about their future. Curriculum is aligned to ensure students offerings of value for the paths they may choose after high school.
The PLUS stands for financial incentives designed to aid students who wish to continue their education beyond high school and prepare for success!
Who is an A+ student?
An A+ student must:
- Attend an A+ School for three consecutive years prior to graduation
- Graduate with an unweighted cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Maintain a 95% attendance record in grades 9-12
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring to other students in our district.
- Maintain a good citizenship record and avoid the use of alcohol and unlawful drugs
- Apply for non-pay back scholarships by completing a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Attend a Missouri community college or post-secondary vocational/technical school on a full time basis and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher
How do I become and A+ student?
It is recommended that students sign up early in their high school careers. This allows students to complete the tutoring portion of the A+ requirements and receive college and career information from the A+ coordinator. It also allows the A+ coordinator to monitor the students’ progress and help them stay on track.
It is also recommended that students sign up even if they think they are going to a four-year college, or not attending college at all. A+ is an opportunity for students to access only if they have met the requirements, and minds change over time. Students who decide not to use the program are not obligated.
What are the benefits of being an A+ Student?
- A student graduating with A+ status is eligible for two years tuition reimbursement to attend any public Missouri community college or vocational/technical school as a full time student. Tuition reimbursement covers tuition, up to 50% of books, and most fees (funding is subject to legislative appropriation).
- An A+ student may be eligible for scholarships from four-year colleges and universities.
- Students graduating from a two year school may be eligible for transfer scholarships to four year colleges and universities.