ADVISORY / PRIVILEGES / INTERVENTIONS
- Advisory, Privileges/Interventions (API) was developed after intense faculty study of many high school models across the country.
- API was developed to support and assist with implementation of our three school goals:
- Each student will demonstrate growth in academic achievement.
- Each student will explore and plan for post high school options.
- Each student will increase his/her sense of belonging at LSHS.
Curriculum is grade level specific. API will occur on Late Start Wednesdays after 6th hour . Mentors will receive training on Late Start Wednesdays from 7:45 am to 8:25 am in the Lecture Hall by Counseling Center Staff. Mentors must enter the building via the north entrance by the cafeteria. Freshmen mentors will have a salmon colored mentor pass to show in order to enter the building. Sophomore mentors will have a yellow colored mentor pass to show to enter the building. Mentors will report to the Lecture Hall for training on designated dates. Please see Mentor Training Dates link above to get dates for first semester. All training received will relate to leadership development and the advisory lesson to be taught that day.